University of Wollongong in Dubai is accessible by Metro. The closet metro station to UOWD is called "Internet City". UOWD operates a shuttle bus to-from metro station. The UOWD shuttle bus picks up passengers from the round-about near the Gloria hotel and Du building every 20 minutes between 7:30 and 5:00pm every week days.
You can also come Dubai Knowledge Village - University of Wollongong in dubai by taxi. Taxis have a flagfall rate starting at 3.00 AED and it might reach up yp 60AED to DKV.
- The Dubai Metro System has top-of-the-class, air-conditioned modern trains. Each train is approximately 75m long, consisting of 5 cars.
- The trains offer a standard class, affordable to all, a women and children only section as well as an exclusive Gold Class.
- It comes every 6 - 8 minutes and 4 minutes interval during rush hours
the ride will cost you any where from 2.5 to 6.5 DH.
- Tourists normally buy red cards at 20 DH each which is sufficient for a few trip by metro.
- University of Wollongong in Dubai is accessible by Metro. The closet metro station to UOWD is called "Internet City". UOWD operates a shuttle bus to-from metro station. The UOWD shuttle bus picks up passengers from the round-about near the Gloria hotel and Du building every 20 minutes between 7:30 and 5:00pm every week days.
- The Dubai Metro map is accessible at http://dubaimetro.eu/dubai-metro-map
- Taxis have a flagfall rate starting at 3.00 AED, with the minimum fare being 10 AED. It will cost about 1.5 AED per km. Taxis are generally Toyota Camry, and really comfortable and clean.
- From the airport, the flagfall starts at 20 AED.
- You can call 04-2080808 and book a taxi for any chosen place on time. If you book a taxi the flagfall rate starts from 6.00 AED.
- There are also LADIES TAXIS for women only. They are cream-colored with pink roof.
Contact numbers of taxi companies:
- Dubai Transport: +971-4-2080808
- Emirates Taxi: +971 - 4 - 3394455.
- Metro Taxi: +971 - 4 - 2673222.
- National Taxi: +971 - 4 - 3390002.
- The Dubai Transport Buses are pretty cheap. The local bus network is very good, linking most areas. The fare ranges from Dh. 1.5 to Dh. 2.5.
- When in the city you can dial their toll free number: 8004848 for queries regarding bus routes, fares and schedules. Taxis are much, much faster than buses and not too expensive.
- Buses are air-conditioned too, and most have electronic card readers that require you to swipe your prepaid cards both as you aboard & alight, automatically charging you & deducting the appropriate fare. Unfortunately you cannot pay the driver in cash.
- Inside, there are several buttons to press to indicate you want to get off at the next stop.
- All bus drivers speak English and are very helpful.
- Take an Abra to cross the creek. This is a cheap and convenient way to move between Deira and Bur Dubai without getting caught in a massive traffic jam on the road.
- It costs 1 Dhs (Dirham) to cross the creek, or you can hire the boat for only yourself/your group & pay Dhs 10.
- There are several Abra stations along the creek, but the main points are located near the Gold Souk (Deira), near the Rivoli Building (Deira) and near the Textile Souk/HSBC Building (Bur Dubai). There are very useful tourist maps (see picture) at the Abra stations, and the main stations have been rennovated for passenger safety. There is also a Tourist Information Counter near Bur Dubai Abra station.
- There are also Water 'Buses' that are airconditioned & seat approx. 25 people. One crossing with the bus costs Dhs 4 (one-way).